Glee

| |

So I have recently become obsessed with the new Fox show, Glee. A friend kept telling me to watch it so I finally sat down and did--I ripped through all 5 episodes (watched the 6th and newest online this morning) back to back.

Its like High School Musical but for an older, smarter audience. I am a HSM fan, so nothing against it...but Glee takes what is good at HSM and enhances it with a clever script, witty dialogue, great character development, and a boatload of talent (many of whom come from Broadway).

I love the main character, Rachel. She reminds me of Reese Witherspoon in Election, except that she, unlike Tracy Flick, is actually a good, kind person underneath her OCD nature and determination for greatness. Its nice that she actually looks like a normal girl as well, she is pretty but in a girl next door kind of way.

The teacher, Mr. Shoester, is also incredibly likeable as the sweet (yet sometimes oblivious) Glee coach. His wife has faked a pregnancy to which he remains blissfully unaware. Then there is the setup with him and the school guidance teacher, Emma. Their relationship is so sweet and it is clear that both have feelings for each other but are too moral to act on them.

Then, of course, there is the villain--Sue Sylvester, the masculine cheerleading coach who is constantly out to destroy Glee club for taking away Cheerio school funding. Jane Lynch displays brilliant comedic timing and basically has viewers laughing every time she opens her mouth.

I could go on and on about how brilliant each and every character is...but I like keeping these posts short and sweet.

The dance numbers are incredibly entertaining and the song choices are ever catchy, I often find myself singing along accidentally or tapping my foot to the beat, wishing I was up there too! These kids sure can sing, and as we are slowly figuring out--so can the teachers! Now we are just eagerly awaiting the breakthrough singing performances of those who have not yet opened their mouths to display their talent...one by one, characters who you didn't expect to have singing talent (i.e. such as the janitor or football coach) have proven themselves.

I highly highly recommend this show, it does not disappoint and every minute of it is packed with entertainment!

2 comments:

Dr. Patrice Smith said...

hey there! found u through blogger help. Wow! u haven't blogged in a while. Anyway, you have a new follower and hope you follow me back http://stu-dentdiaries.com

Post a Comment