Overload & School Update

| |
I have been on the go so much lately! My course load is crazy. Each semester, I think that my workload is going to get lighter and easier, and somehow it just keeps getting harder. I don't know why.

This semester I am in: Advanced Film Production (which I will commonly refer to as "480"), Directing the Mise-en-Scene, Writing 340, Intro to Production Design, and Production Planning. I guess its tough because I am in two production courses, one of which is rigorous enough! I have had tons of homework--more than I anticipated. I have seriously contemplated dropping something...but I don't know what, because I want to take all the classes above mentioned (or have to take in the case of writing 340).

Last night I had a meeting with the director of the 480 I am working on, Sugar Rush. I was there til 2AM, but it went really well and I like the people I'm working with so its not a chore to meet with them. Its kinda cool, we have like a $12,000 budget, which isn't too shabby for a student film! We already have a two story house booked for the month to film in--its only a mile away from campus which is great. And we are in the process of casting actors.

But it hasn't been all work and no play, this Tuesday I went out to a joint 21st birthday party, which was pretty fun. And tonight I might go clubbing with my friend Amy. I have also been watching Brothers & Sisters, which is an intriguing show, I recommend it!

Ooh and Oscar nominations came out yesterday! I'm sooooo proud of Slumdog Millionaire--it got 10 nominations! Way to go! There weren't too many surprises as far as nominations go, I was pretty spot on in terms of predictions this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment