He Loves Me, He Loves Me NOT

| |
Somehow I always seem to be the center for information and knowledge. I get the random calls and texts from my friends about our film projects....When is the directing project due? How should I format my resume? What time is the meeting? Etc. In addition to the scholarly stuff, I also seem to be a person whom people feel comfortable talking to and relaying information to. I like this role, I like helping people. Sometimes it can be troubling though. I worry that I am giving the best form of advice to people. I know that everyone is different and everyone has different needs in terms of forms of advice. I try to adapt to each friend and be what they need me to be at that particular moment. Whether its advice on something major, or a shoulder to cry on, or just someone to listen to all the thoughts roaming around in their heads.

Sometimes I have to say things that people don't want to hear. That is hard. I have this friend who has been in a troubling relationship for months upon months now. And she just will not give it up. Its the most frustrating thing in the world! I have to counsel her all the time and she still does not see what a bad situation this is. I know that breaking up is hard to do, but if things are bad for a certain amount of time, you just have to be realistic in knowing that they aren't ever going to go back to how they were. Relationships are supposed to be fun! And when they aren't, then they need to end! Relationships shouldn't be that hard!

I am listening to a friend obsess over her ex/current boyfriend (I have lost track) at this very moment. She wants me to tell her that he is still in love with her, but I don't think I can do that. I don't like insisting things that I don't know for sure are true. I don't get girls' hopes up just to make them feel better, I can reassure them that they will find love again. But I'm not going to make up stories about how their boy will definitely come crawling back to them. I am a complete realist about matters of the heart, and I don't think it helps to initiate false hopes in people. Sometimes the truth stinks. But I'd rather hear a stinky truth than a falsity.

Girls are so silly sometimes. I don't get it. For some reason, I have a feeling that my mind works different than a lot of girls my age. I react to things so much differently, I don't obsess over boys or over-analyze what to text to them. I just do it, and I feel confident in my decision without having to ask a gaggle of other girls first. Its funny, because I am so girly in some ways, and so un-girly in others!

1 comments:

Obey the Jay said...

That's good you love to help people, its a very special trait. Being a realist is important as well because you want to be a true friend, not someone who just lies to them. You are a problem solver and you help people find there solutions whether they want to hear it or not. People lie to other people because they don't want to spend time on the problem that they have. So, keep doing what your doing Gabeli, I'm sure your loving life because of it.

Post a Comment