Plays, Strippers, and More

| |
So last night Roham invited me to go see this play that his friend was in. It was called Into the Pines and was at the blackbox on campus. USC's blackbox is really tiny. Ours at Westlake was much nicer. Going to see the play made me nostalgic for high school when I got to participate in all the shows. I really loved doing theatre. Its a shame that I can't participate in acting any more....but film production is just so grueling!

After the show, a group of us went to Santa Monica to this bar. It was pretty fun. We all danced and had a nice time. But then another friend showed up, and I guess he got mad because I was dancing with another friend. So that whole situation was just awkward. I felt like property. Some prize to be won. Not like I even had a say in things! It felt very awkward for me, especially since no one was talking to me about what was going on. It was all being dealt with by the boys.

After that we went to this strip club. It was surprisingly fun. Kind of random. But I had never done it before and I love new experiences! One of the strippers came over and started talking to us. Her name was Monique. She is 25 and she told us she has a 9 year old son! She talked about how he doesn't know what she does for a living, he thinks she goes and sells drinks each night. When she comes home, he asks her, "did you sell a lot of drinks tonight, mommy?" I love kids. Isn't the innocence so sweet. I wish we could all stay like that forever. Not get all caught up in the craziness of the adult world. Everything was so much simpler back then, and pleasure was so easy to come by. Monique told me I was really pretty and invited me up on stage! Luckily I was sobering up and I had enough sense to say no thanks.

Later when I was waiting in line for the restroom, I met this producer guy. He told me that he worked on Marley and Me and Superbad, which is cool. He tried to get me to go into the bathroom with him and do coke, but of course, I graciously declined :) Crazy entertainment people! I wonder if these are the sorts I will always be dealing with....

0 comments:

Post a Comment