The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists

| |
Well I have just finished my 9th book in about 5 weeks. I can't deny that I'm pretty proud of myself. I feel like I owe a lot of it to these new pills I'm taking. I hadn't realized how long it had been since I had actually finished a book! I used to read all the time, but for ages my concentration had been so bad because of anxiety and I just couldn't get through anything.

While it isn't the high-brow literature that I often gravitate to, Neil Strauss's "The Game" has been a fun little piece of entertainment and a bit of a learning tool. Although it may seem sexist outwardly, in the end the seduction process is really about making the guys themselves more confident and finding in themselves the interesting, fun, relaxed nature that has been there all along. The guys who don't discover themselves and leave the community by the end, are considered the losers in the book. They are basically social robots.

I'm kind of excited to go out into the real world and see if someone tries to "sarge" me. I totally called a guy who the other night by asking if he was "peacocking," which led to a fun conversation about the book. Guys have been really impressed that I've read it.

Of course, the one thing that disturbed me the most about the book, was the rule that the pickup artist never buys a girl a drink....I dunno about you, but that would never work for me. If I'm talking to a guy and my drink runs out and he doesn't buy me another one, I don't think he has enough interest in me or the conversation and I go back to my friends and maybe start talking to someone new. They aren't worth my time if they aren't enough of a gentleman to get me a drink.

1 comments:

YuMin Ye said...

hmmm..sounds like an interesting read.

Post a Comment